AmCham reaffirms Korea
简介The American Chamber of Commerce in Korea said Wednesday that its delegation successfully concluded ...
The American Chamber of Commerce in Korea said Wednesday that its delegation successfully concluded the three-day trip to Washington from Oct. 24-26, as part of its annual business promotion program it calls “Doorknock.”
Over the course of three days, the delegation reaffirmed bilateral ties the two countries have established over the last seven decades, convening with key government officials of the Joe Biden administration as well as members of the US Congress.
It also held over 30 meetings with key figures of the US Department of Commerce, Department of State, Customs and Border Protection, Office of the US Trade Representative and White House, among others.
The 70th anniversary of the US-South Korean alliance was stressed especially during a luncheon hosted by South Korean Ambassador to the US Cho Hyun-dong.
The delegation also explored the next stage for the economic partnership and diverse cooperation opportunities in a meeting with the White House’s Indo-Pacific coordinator Kurt Campbell, the main highlight of the trip.
In particular, it secured resounding support from Campbell in promoting South Korea as a central hub in Asia, under the US-led Indo-Pacific Economic Framework.
“This year’s visit has undeniably been an inspiring demonstration of the steadfast trust and partnership between the two countries. It reflects the robust strength of our friendship and solidifies the foundation for the next 70 years of our bilateral economic cooperation,” AmCham Korea Chairman and CEO James Kim assessed.
AmCham added that this year's Doorknock program was further enriched by the participation of prominent Korean firms including Hyundai Motor Group, Kia and Posco, along with key officials from global tech firms including Google and Amazon Web Service.
Additionally, starting next year, it plans to expand the Doorknock program, specifically targeting South Korean companies, by including visits to individual US states.
Netflix Korea's popular dating reality show "Single's Inferno" has returned with its third ...
“South Korea has had the most lively movie industry in the world for the past decade,” remarked Fren ...
LG Energy Solution said Thursday it is set to launch a new residential energy storage system device ...
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- Chinese avant
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- Yoon hosts private banquet with chaebol chiefs
- [Herald Interview] Merck seeks growth with Korean chipmakers
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- Indonesia’s upcycling startup wins Korea
- [긴급진단] 서울 인구 이미 부산의 3배…지역균형발전 포기할 텐가
- J.Y. Park and Kim Wan
- The branch of South Korean left blaming Israel for Hamas attacks
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Blinken to discuss Russia, Middle East, N. Korea during visit to Seoul: State Department
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
- SPO and Lim Yun
- Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate freeze
- [Today’s K
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- Arrest warrant sought for ex