FM Park, Blinken to meet in Seoul next week
简介Foreign Minister Park Jin will discuss North Korea’s nuclear threats and other key issues with US Se ...
Foreign Minister Park Jin will discuss North Korea’s nuclear threats and other key issues with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken during the US diplomat’s two-day trip to South Korea, which starts Nov. 8, according to the Foreign Ministry in Seoul on Wednesday.
The visit, the first in two and a half years, comes as South Korea doubles down on the importance of the US nuclear umbrella to prevent a North Korean strike. The two allies agreed on giving Seoul a bigger say in how Washington delivers on its commitment at the White House summit in April.
Another issue up for discussion will be the coordination of policy on global supply chains and China ahead of a summit between US President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in San Francisco.
The Nov. 11-17 gathering could see a meeting between the Korean and Chinese leaders as well. Last week, Cho Tae-yong, President Yoon Suk Yeol’s national security adviser, openly floated such a possibility, without offering any specifics. Cho had earlier said a Seoul-Beijing summit would happen in some capacity, without elaborating on a timeline.
After the APEC summit, Park will meet with his Japanese and Chinese counterparts, potentially in Busan, to finalize the agenda before the three nations officially resume their regular leader-level summit. The summit, which last took place in 2019, was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and political tensions.
It is thought that the resumption of the trilateral summit will give a boost to the Yoon administration, as the conservative leader looks to balance maintaining close ties with the US while avoiding a complete sidelining of China -- a key aspect of Yoon’s foreign policy. Broader information on the strategy was released last year. Details will follow in January at the earliest, according to sources.
Health care officials from South Korea and the US on Monday gathered in Seoul to discuss the industr ...
The year-end is set to be filled by some of the biggest and most-anticipated names from K-pop, inclu ...
Police unveiled a four-year blueprint Thursday for using artificial intelligence technology to predi ...
- Can 'Singles Inferno' boost basketball's popularity?
- Viviz goes all out for 4th EP ‘Versus’
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- National Theater of Korea's 50th year to close with 'Song of King Sejong'
- Yoon hosts private banquet with chaebol chiefs
Venezuelan Embassy holds disputed Essequibo territory referendum event
Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea
美 ICBM '미니트맨
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- Posco, HBIS Group complete steel sheet plant in China
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- Samsung SDI logs record
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Cirque Du Soleil mesmerizes Seoul with 'Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico'
- 혼전임신 직원에 "애비없는 애"…갑질 서기관 감싼 복지부 논란
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- S Korea, UAE agree to increase bilateral flight ceiling to 21 per week
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 한 경기도 안 뛰고 병역 면제?…국감 오른 아시안게임 '병특'
- 野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향