Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
简介The South Korean Foreign Ministry said Sunday that no Korean injuries or deaths have been reported s ...
The South Korean Foreign Ministry said Sunday that no Korean injuries or deaths have been reported so far from the fighting in Israel that erupted Saturday.
There are currently 570 Korean residents in Israel -- 290 in Jerusalem, Israel’s capital, 210 in central areas including Tel Aviv and 70 in other regions. There are also thought to be some 360 Korean tourists in the country, according to the ministry. The ministry advised Korean residents and travelers to evacuate to a third country if possible.
The Palestinian militants in Gaza fired a barrage of rockets and sent fighters across the border toward central and southern Israel during a major Jewish holiday on early Saturday morning (local time), claiming the lives of more than 300 people and leaving at least 1,860 people injured, Israel’s emergency rescue service and Health Ministry confirmed, making it the deadliest attack in Israel since the Yom Kippur War 50 years ago.
Following the bloodshed, South Korea strongly condemned the unprecedented attack by gunmen from the Palestinian group Hamas in Israel as the long-running conflict between the two countries erupted again.
“The government strongly condemns the indiscriminate attacks against Israel from the Gaza Strip, including (Palestine’s) rocket attacks. We urge an immediate end (to such attacks and the use of violence),” the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a commentary.
The spokesperson added that the South Korean government is deeply concerned about the steep rise in civilian casualties from the attacks and that the government extends its condolences to the victims and their bereaved families.
The Israeli military said about 2,200 rockets were launched from the Gaza Strip into Israel, while armed terror groups intruded into its territory by land, sea and air in paragliders. Israel responded with a retaliatory strike to the bloodshed, killing more than 250 in Gaza. The attack continued into the night. It added that Hamas had taken hostages and prisoners of war but did not give an exact figure.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared war after the attack by the Palestinian militant group, saying the country would take “mighty vengeance for this wicked day.” He has also ordered strikes on Gaza and called for an extensive reserve mobilization.
Art Together, a subsidiary under major Korean art auctioneer K-Auction, announced Monday it has subm ...
윤석열 대통령이 16일 오전 서울 용산구 대통령실 청사 앞 어린이정원에서 열린 제63차 수석비서관회의를 주재하고 있다. [사진 대통령실]“총알도 없고, 손발도 묶인 상황이다.” 1 ...
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
[Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
Seoul City to operate autonomous night bus
北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- Japan returns favor, flies Koreans out of Israel
- S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Hamas surprise attack out of Gaza leaves hundreds dead in fighting, retaliation
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- S. Korea holds rare military parade, warns NK against nuclear attack
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- S. Korea finishes 3rd with 42 gold medals at Hangzhou Asian Games
- Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'