Art Token launches Hangeul
简介Online non-fungible token art trading platform Art Token on Monday released NFT works based on Hange ...
Online non-fungible token art trading platform Art Token on Monday released NFT works based on Hangeul calligraphy, in commemoration of Hangeul Day that celebrates the invention of the Korean alphabet.
“Shoot Shoot Shoot Goal Goal Goal” and other works were created by calligrapher Park
Byung-chul and converted into 3D digital art. NFT art is entirely digital artwork that is tokenized to be stored on the blockchain.
Park's NFT works were released on 2R2, an online global art trading platform run by Art Token.
According to the 2R2 homepage, the "Vertical Hangul" series represents the uplifting spirit of victory through Hangeul, along with drawings of the tiger and magpie that have special meanings in Korean tradition: tigers symbolize protection from bad luck, while magpies are bearers of good news.
Park is a renowned calligrapher in South Korea and an art director for company called Hangeul Planet that has held Hangeul calligraphy events across the world since 2015. “I think the collaboration with Art Token’s NFT Studio has allowed more variety in Hangeul’s image, resulting in a work that anyone could enjoy. I’m curious to how the world would react (to my work),” he said.
Park’s recently released works are the first part of Art Token’s Hangul NFT Art series, which the company’s CEO Hong Ji-suk said was propelled by worldwide interest in Korean art and culture. She stressed that the series would boost interest in Korean art.
By Jeffrey D. SachsAs governments gather in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates for this year’s climat ...
"Ground Explorers"By Kim Cho-yeopPublionBest-selling science fiction writer Kim Cho-yeop has publish ...
Through the formative program, Mathieu was able to learn from fellow craftsmen while undertaking eig ...
- [Today’s K
- Volvo expands presence in Korean market
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Quake shakes northwest Nepal, killing at least 128 and injuring dozens
- Hanwha inks $2.6b deal to ship more K9 howitzers to Poland
- FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
Hanwha inks $2.6b deal to ship more K9 howitzers to Poland
[Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
[KH Explains] Why foreign investors continue to be net buyers despite short selling ban
Bedbug reports cause jitters across S. Korea
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
- LG to debut EV chargers in US next year
- Ampers&one hopes to seep into listeners’ hearts with positive music
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- First snow of winter falls in Seoul
- [New in Korean] Seven minds share single body in '7
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Seoul shares end nearly flat amid signs of cooling US inflation
- Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
- Hyundai Motor may sell Russian plant to local firm
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- [Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- SM founder Lee Soo