Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K
简介Jungkook of BTS continues to light up Billboard's Hot 100 chart, setting new records as a K-pop ...
Jungkook of BTS continues to light up Billboard's Hot 100 chart, setting new records as a K-pop soloist.
Two of his songs entered Billboard's Hot 100 main singles chart for the week dated Nov. 4, his agency Big Hit Music celebrated on Wednesday. "Too Much," his latest release dropped in collaboration with Kid Laroi and Central Cee, debuted at No. 44. His solo single "3D (Feat. Jack Harlow)" tallied its fourth consecutive week on the chart, at No. 75, up 18 spots from the previous week.
With the latest feat, Jungkook's total number of Hot 100 hits comes to five, tying the record for most songs by a K-pop soloist on Billboard's main singles chart. Psy previously charted "Gangnam Style," "Gentleman," "Hangover," "Daddy" and "That That (Prod. & Feat. Suga of BTS)."
Jungkook made his solo debut on the Hot 100 in February 2022 with "Stay Alive (Prod. Suga of BTS)," off the original soundtrack for BTS web comic "7Fates: Chakho." He again entered the chart with Charlie Puth's "Left and Right," which peaked at No. 22.
In July, his official solo debut "Seven (Feat. Latto)" notched No. 1 on the Billboard songs chart -- the first K-pop solo singer's song to top the chart -- and went on to spend 13 consecutive weeks in the top 100.
His follow-up "3D" soared to No. 5 upon its release in September, making Jungkook the first Korean to place two songs in the Hot 100's top five.
"Too Much" came out on Oct. 20 as the latest of Jungkook's solo endeavors. A song by Australian singer-songwriter The Kid Laroi, Jungkook and British rapper Central Cee featured together in the song and the music video.
Other BTS members also extended their feats on various Billboard charts. V's "Layover" was on the Billboard 200 main albums chart for a seventh straight week at No. 160, while Jimin's solo album "Face" tallied No. 12 on the World Albums chart.
Jungkook, the youngest of the K-pop septet, is set to drop his first solo album, "Golden," on Friday. The 11-track collection features star-studded global music talents the likes of Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, DJ Snake and BTS' "Dynamite" producer David Stewart.
The rival parties called Monday for the government to come up with countermeasures against Beijing ...
P&G Korea, the South Korean unit of the global consumer goods maker Proctor & Gamble, said Thursday ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 지난달 27일 구속 영장이 기각돼 경기 의왕시 서울구치소를 나선 후 소회를 밝히고 있다. 사진 공동취재단더불어민주당이 백현동 개발 특혜 의혹과 관련해 이 ...
[Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
“가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- [HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad