Japan returns favor, flies Koreans out of Israel
简介Japan is evacuating 18 South Koreans from Israel using its military aircraft, a gesture of goodwill ...
Japan is evacuating 18 South Koreans from Israel using its military aircraft, a gesture of goodwill that appears to reciprocate Seoul’s rescue flight last week to bring back Japanese alongside its citizens.
According to Kyodo News and the Japanese Defense Ministry, 18 Koreans and one family member of foreign nationality -- along with 60 Japanese and four family members of foreign nationality -- will land at Haneda Airport in Tokyo on early Saturday.
The Foreign Ministry in Seoul said it has nothing to confirm or add to the rescue mission led by Japanese authorities, noting details will be released following Japan’s official announcement on the issue.
In a phone call Sunday, Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa thanked South Korean Foreign Minister Park Jin for flying Japanese out of Israel, the latest evidence of warmer ties between the two countries.
The two Asian neighbors, which had long been locked in historical disputes neither looked ready to compromise over, mended their ties in May, when they decided to put behind differences to advance common security and economic interests.
No Korean fatalities and casualties have been reported since the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas on Israel. An advisory issued Thursday by the Foreign Ministry urged Koreans to leave Israel. Travel to the Gaza Strip, where the Palestinian militant group launched the multi-pronged offensive, was banned in August.
On Friday, Park met with Israeli Ambassador to Korea Akiva Tor, extending condolences to the victims and their families affected by the conflict.
The Korean diplomat asked for cooperation on looking after Koreans in Israel, saying he looks forward to the safe return of those taken hostage by Hamas. Civilians have to be protected under international humanitarian law, Park added.
Art Together, a subsidiary under major Korean art auctioneer K-Auction, announced Monday it has subm ...
Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcom ...
차준홍 기자최근 북한이 러시아에 보낸 1000개 이상의 컨테이너에 실린 무기가 포탄으로 가정할 경우 수십만 발에 해당하는 규모라고 16일 국방부가 밝혔다. 장기간 전쟁을 수행 중인 ...
- US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Rival parties call for measures after China halts urea exports
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
Court upholds police officer's suspension for 'barmaid' comment
SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
[Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
Kolmar BNH to ramp up production with new plant
MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- SM founder Lee Soo
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- [Today’s K
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Volvo expands presence in Korean market
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- Gimjang tours make kimchi
- Unauthorized AI
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- 5 S. Koreans from Gaza arrived in Egypt via Rafah border: ministry
- FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- From artisan to 'foreign laborer:' a French craftsman's take on Korea's construction scene
- Samsung files complaint in US against BOE for allegedly leaking trade secrets
- More chat with parents, greater chance of studying medicine, education
- NTOK Live+ to screen latest plays from UK, Netherlands
- Actor Lee Sun
- [Weekender] Pop
- Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3